New Haven City Streets
- The snow plowing responsibilities of the City of New Haven are to clear the streets in a professional, safe and timely manner. City crews will begin plowing city streets when we receive 3-4 inches of snow. The first priority for snow plows is to clear the main arteries throughout the city. The snow plows will then begin removing snow from your subdivision after the snow stops.
- It is the responsibility of the resident to make sure your vehicles are off the street as much as possible during a heavy snow. This enables the plows to clear the streets thoroughly and prevents your vehicle from getting blocked in. It is NOT the responsibility of the city plows to come back through your street after your vehicle has been dug out and removed.
- City residents need to remain aware of icy road conditions during bad weather. The city typically does not salt throughout subdivisions.
- Sidewalks in front of your home or business are required to be cleared by the resident or business owner.
- Please remember that city ordinance prohibits throwing snow back onto streets and/or sidewalks once they have been plowed.
For further questions, please contact Utility Superintendent, Dave Jones directly at either 748-7056 or by email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any messages left will be returned promptly.